Skip to main content


Transcripts are official documents that indicate a student's successful completion of Grade 11 and 12 courses, course achievement levels (with the exception of I, F and W), program participation, whether the student has completed graduation requirements and honours standing (if the student has a grade point average greater than 3.0).

The Ministry sends transcripts to all Grade 12 and adult education program students in public schools and at the end of July, regardless of graduation status.

Schools and post-secondary institutions designated by students on Post-Secondary Institution Choices Forms also receive an official printed or electronic copy.

Transcript responsibilities of the Surrey School District

Even though the Ministry provides a transcript service, schools are the official holders of student records. Copies of Ministry of Education-produced transcripts must be maintained for 55 years after a student graduates (or normally would have graduated) as a part of the students' Permanent Record. Schools may issue transcripts upon request, and they have the authority to correct errors and omissions.

How to obtain copies of a transcript or permanent record card.

image description
Back to top